It sometimes happened that if you claim for a refund, airlines completely ignore you or shower you with reasons not to compensate. And that’s when the time comes to call us.

How It Works

The flight compensation process we provide our customers with is extremely simple. You just contact one of our Compensation Specialists, provide your flight details so that we can check and validate it using our in-house system. If you need cheap business class to Europe from the USA visit cheapfirstclass.com After that, when we identify whether your flight was delayed or canceled, we send you a form that you will check, sign, date, and send back to us. When we get the checked form, we start the process of refunding (but not beforehand).

Your Rights

We work according to Flight Delay Compensation Regulation EC 261/2004: in the cases when you experience a flight delay, cancelation or are denied boarding, you can claim for a compensation. We calculate the compensation based on the distance of travel and the length of delay. However, we do not take the cost of your ticket into consideration so it does not matter how much you pay for the ticket – the compensation will not change.

Who Can Claim for Flight Compensation:

  • If you depart from or travel to EU airport;
  • If the delayed flight occurred within the last 6 years;
  • If delayed, it must be 3 hours or more;
  • If canceled, it must be canceled after the check-in;
  • The compensation can be claimed per passenger.

Who Cannot Claim:

  • We don’t provide our services if you have contacted the airlines directly or through a third party;
  • If your flight was delayed for less than 180 minutes;
  • If the flight was canceled before the date;
  • If it wasn’t airlines’ fault that your flight was delayed/canceled.

Clear Policy

If we are successful and compensating your expenses, our fee is 30% plus the value-added tax of the total compensation recovered. We have no muddy administration costs or any upfront fees; therefore, you have no financial loss. In the end, claiming a refund with us is much cheaper than going to court.

Flight Delay Compensation: What You Are Entitled To

Is your flight delayed? Then you entitle to compensation: the Denied Boarding Regulation claims you can refund dependently on the length of your delay and your flight. Read our article to find out more about your rights!

Compensation depends on your flight distance and your delay length. Calculate the miles and waiting hours to verify what category you belong to:

  • a flight under 932 miles (1 500 km) delayed by at least 2 hours
  • a flight over 932 miles within the EU delayed by at least 2 hours
  • a flight between 932 and 2 175 miles (3 500 km) outside the EU delayed by at least 3 hours
  • any flight delayed for at least 3 hours

If you fit one of these categories, you have the right to get particular things for free:

  • 2 phone calls, faxes, or emails
  • meals and refreshments
  • hotel accommodation and transfers if you have to stay overnight

Moreover, if your flight id delayed by over 5 hours, the airline must provide you with a re-route or a reimbursement of expenses (just as if your trip is cancelled).

How to know if you are entitled to compensation?

This actually depends on the reason for the delay. For instance, if your trip is delayed due to “extraordinary circumstances” – and the airline can prove it – sorry, you can’t claim any compensation.

What are extraordinary circumstances? Those are situations the airline can’t control, such as bad weather conditions, political conflicts (including strikes), and security risks – anything that makes a flight dangerous. However, you are still entitled to free meals, call, accommodation, and other things we have specified above.

Remember that air companies may establish their specific rules for extraordinary circumstances. So if you don’t agree on the delay reason, you can challenge your airline or even ask their regulator for assistance.

Calculating your flight delay compensation

As we have already stated, the sum of your repayment is linked to the number of miles you are supposed to fly and the number of hours you spend on waiting. See the table below to define how much you can claim:

 

Flight distance

Delay length

Refund amount

< 1 500 km / 932 miles

> 3 hrs

250

> 1 500 km / 932 miles within the EU

OR

1 500 km-3 500 km / 2 175 miles outside the EU

> 3 hrs

400

> 3 500 km / 2 175 miles

3-4 hrs

300

> 3 500 km / 2 175 miles

> 4 hrs

600

Denied Boarding Regulation

On 23 October 2012, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) approved that passengers are entitled to compensation for delays of three or more hours. Besides, “technical problems” can’t be the reason for a delay according to this regulation.

Alternative dispute resolution: what’s this all about?

If your complaint about the airline performance hasn’t been resolved, they must provide you with the scheme for alternative dispute resolution (also known as ADR). If you feel your compensation claim is refused unfairly, you can ask a legal counsel for assistance or apply directly to the small claims court.